- ► 2012 (20)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (48)
- THE INSECT SURF JORDAN NOBEL POP ART EXPERIMENTAL ...
- TAKE A TRIP INSECT
- tHE INSECTS THAT ARE NOT ALIENS SURFING CLUB - SUM...
- VINTAGE PACIFIC SURFCRAFT - in western australia t...
- SWITCH-FOOT 2 IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA - C-MON KOOKS!
- COUNT 3 COMING - RESURRECTION 66 BY INSECT SURF
- GARAGE ALBUMS YOU GOTTA HAVE...RUBBERNECKS! - THE ...
- ▼ December (7)
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
GARAGE ALBUMS YOU GOTTA HAVE...RUBBERNECKS! - THE SEEDS SELF TITLED by insect surf kent turkich
Borrowing poorly from Jaggers poorly borrowed Muddy Waters sneer, Sky Saxon visted the earth fleetingly for this flower punk LP produced on the cusp of 67-67 psychedelia when most flower punk kids were too busy tending to their father's lawn in order to scrape together the funds to produce one lousy single let alone a full length album of cellar-dwelling snarl, whine and reverb. Truth be known, The Seeds had the sea-ash but barely the talent nor songs. But on this album, they spew out sufficient neurotic post-surfbeat Californian sceptism in the sun to overthrow any misgivings concerning the repetitive course of any melodies you might identify amongst the glorious buzz of home-crafted distortion, distant drums and vocals as if from the point of a pyramid. You almost get a sniff of the wild oats drying on LA hills, fair ground, 67 looming...just let go...just let go...just let go
Posted by insectsurf at 7:40 PM